Friday, February 22, 2008

Pictures from the Northwest Garden Show

Today I went to my first garden show. At first I thought I didn't like it because it was too cheesy. Then I realized I didn't like it because it was too tasteful.

IMG_3684

IMG_3685

There's something both cheesy and boringly tasteful about seeing all these high-end garden displays set up inside a convention center.

IMG_3687

IMG_3688

IMG_3690

For some reason I just don't like seeing trees displayed as houseplants. I don't know. Something about this whole thing just bugs me.

IMG_3705

IMG_3691

IMG_3698

IMG_3700

The plant market section is a little better, though too crowded with jewelry and children's hats and things. Heaths and Heathers came out.

IMG_3692

I especially love these fiery ones. They're open on March 1 -- maybe it's worth a drive out to Shelton to go get some of these. (I'm not going to try to carry home flats of plants on the horrible 36 today.)

IMG_3694

Sorry to disappoint, but those are all the garden show photos I want to post.

But I will show you how our sedum are filling in at home!

IMG_3709

5 comments:

chuck b. said...

Is Shelton really far? I probably won't have time to fit in a visit when I come to Seattle this year. Can you buy me some orange ones? I'll pay you.

chuck b. said...

You don't have to post all the pictures--it's enough that they're in your Flickr.

Your sedum wall looks great!!!

Annie in Austin said...

Came from Chuck's blog to see what's new this year.
I was at the Pacific NW show a few years ago when the theme featured porches and house fronts...everything was fun since I was with my family and we could make fun of the stuff we thought was pompous.

The heathers do look striking, JvA!

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

lisa said...

I think your sedum wall looks as good as anything at that show!

Camille said...

The garden show you went to looks waaaay better than the one I attended in Vancouver, BC. Blech. There wasn't even a big fake tree- only fake waterfalls and some dying primulas. Lame-o.