Saturday, March 1, 2008

PIctures Around the Yard on March 1

We stopped at Wells-Medina today and picked up some groundcover.

IMG_1227

I'm too sick to plant or weed today, but not too sick to take a few pictures around the yard.

The most robust one of my 11 Julia Phelps Ceanothus plants is starting to bloom already.

IMG_1228

As are those crazy Euphorbia I planted last fall.

IMG_1231

I think these look really cool protruding from and spilling over the rocks.

IMG_1232

And I think the look fine next to the Point Reyes Ceanothus plants, which are certainly holding their own in the wall.

IMG_1233

The weeds are doing even better than holding their own out here. Of course, we haven't pulled a single weed back here since October. (It's time!)

IMG_1234

Oh, so this is what fresh spring growth on sedum Autumn Joy looks like. I'm cool with this.

IMG_1235

They were looking pretty iffy in the middle of the winter, but I think the Cryptomeria japonica 'cristata' are starting to make a comeback. This was always the worst-looking one.

IMG_1237

IMG_1238

IMG_1239

IMG_1240

The fifth and last one.

IMG_1241

The moss is making the grass look crazy green.

IMG_1242

The sedum wall I love.

IMG_1243

My winter hazel seems slow. Why doesn't it bloom until March?

IMG_1244

Big green.

IMG_1247

1 comment:

chuck b. said...

I can't help thinking young Cryptomeria would make a fascinating container specimen.